Clearwater Pumps services includes the testing of new and old boreholes’ yields.
- Borehole Yield testing is the process whereby a borehole is subjected to pumping under controlled test conditions in order to determine its performance characteristics.
- A borehole yield is the volume of water that can be abstracted from a borehole.
Why is the borehole yield important?
- It is important not to over-pump the borehole in order not to induce saline intrusion, encrustation, excess lowering of the water table or piezo-metric surface, or borehole failure.
- This is the maximum rate of abstraction from the borehole and can be expressed as l/s, m3/hr, m3/d or m3/a.
What equipment is used and what is included?
- Certificates are issued to all clients confirming the yield of the borehole as well as special request certificates for bank financing purposes.
- Existing equipment can be removed from the clients borehole or existing equipment can be used for testing – although it is preferred that our equipment is used for optimal results.
Please feel free to contact us for a quotation with regards to yield testing and borehole water analysis.
We are a proud member of the Borehole Water Association of Southern Africa.